Released 5th Feb 2020
Cobra Resources plc gathers and process’s your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Who We Are
Cobra Resources plc is an exploration, development and mining company whose securities are listed on the main market of London Stock Exchange.
Our England and Wales Company Registration number is 11170056.
Our Registered Office address is: Suite A, 6 Honduras Street, London, EC1Y 0TH
For the purposes of data protection law, we will be a controller of your personal information and will ensure your rights are protected.
What Information We Collect
Personal data is collected in various ways including but not limited to:
- writing (including emails, online forms)
- via our website (including cookie technology)
- telephone calls
- face to face meetings
- Third Parties (such as our share registrars at Computershare)
Cobra Resources plc processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to keep you informed of events and news relating to Cobra Resources plc. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data we collect may include but is not limited to:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number
- Email addresses
- Bank account details
- Shareholding details
How We Use Your Personal Data
Cobra Resources plc takes your privacy very seriously. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with emails about events or company information, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed but not limited to:
- We will occasionally send you company information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate business interests.
Recipients of Personal Data
Cobra Resources plc shares your data or may be processed by the following third-party service providers (but is not limited to):
- Haywood Sener (management of our company website, compilation of our annual report, publication of publicity materials, organisation of group site visits)
- Brokers (as intermediaries between the company and investors they routinely collect information from internal or external sources)
- Bromham and Share Talk Ltd (public relations company which may collect information on shareholders from internal or external sources - they may use this information to contact shareholders directly)
- Cindele Limited, PKF Littlejohn LLP or Marsden Stantons (for our accounts or for billing/invoice purposes)
- Link Asset Services (share registrars which compile holder lists which are required for reasons such as AGM’s and annual reports)
- Google G-Suite and Microsoft
- Regulatory bodies (upon request)
You have the right to access any personal information that Cobra Resources plc processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct communication from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. All processors/third-parties acting on our behalf will comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
All third-parties/data processors that have access to sensitive data will be required by Cobra Resources plc to have a signed agreement in place to ensure that they are GDPR compliant and have all measures in place to safeguard personal data. When Cobra Resources plc ceases any form of work with data processors/third-parties, Cobra Resources plc has an agreement which has been signed by the data processors/third-parties for immediate erasure of sensitive data.
Cobra Resources plc takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: - SSL, encryption, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls and anti-virus/malware software.
Transfers Outside the EEA
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Cobra Resources plc will only transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA if we have to comply with a legal duty or obligation.
If we do transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA, we will take measures to ensure it is protected to the same standards as it would be within the EEA.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Cobra Resources plc only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct communication, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
From time to time, Cobra Resources plc may update this policy. Changes to this policy will be made available on our website: www.cobraresources.co.uk We recommend that you check this policy regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like more detail about how we process your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 203 778 0881.